View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 10-05-2007, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motel75 View Post
Yes, I oversimplified my answer a little; Debitel, for example, still retains the expiration dates (I had a Debitel Vodafone Compact card that was still only valid for 92 days per recharge). However, the major four operators, and several others (Blau, simyo) have eliminated the expiration date, as the ruling, which was limited in scope, wold almost certainly be applied to them as well if anyone decided to sue. AFAIK O2 was a holdout for a little while, instead promising to return users' money once the expiration date had elapsed, but they then changed their minds.
May i add that Simyo and Blau cards still expire if you dont recharge them. It is not shown on the balance check SMS anymore but the expiry date is available if you dial the voice menu. You can re-activate them later on but in some reported cases the credit was zero then and could only redeemned by get it transferred to a bank account.
Vodafone made a new deal recently. They will cancel your "contract" for the prepaid card if you dont use or recharge it within 14 months. This can be found on a article on teltarif.de - i didnt find the link right now, sorry.

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9