View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 23-12-2009, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidal View Post
Unless someone has had a better experience with simyo than I had, I'd recommend to stay away from their 500mb/€5 plan as it seems to be a lie.
I still have decent experiences, though their speed seems to be going downhill, at least in in rural areas (even where there is 3G & 3.5G coverage). In my house it used to be good enough for VoIP calls but no longer. However I still have no problems doing VoIP calls anywhere within the city perimeter of Madrid.

But it looks like you do not have a data complaint but a billing complaint! Have you been overcharged? Can you give some details? Remember that it is actually 500mb/€5.80 if you consider VAT! You will get charged at standard rates in (i.e. in small increments) until you hit this level, and then you will no longer get charged per session! Have you been online and checked the data connection details. I would suggest copy-pasting these into excel, summing and reading the bottom lines.

There is an issue that some may not be aware of. The data gets measured in 256kb blocks. In theory therefore if you do 2000 connections of 50k each you will hit your 500MB limit though the real data (as measured by your mobiles data counter) has only been around 100MB. Curious... but is this the issue you are facing?

Quote:
The customer service is a joke.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Wrote a more detailed post in the simyo thread.
Where?