View Single Post
Old
  (#17)
Lucy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 11-08-2011, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
The K3565, which in fact is a Huawei E160X, is unlocked (at least if bought in Germany). However the dashboard software in the flashmemory of the K3565, "Vodafone Mobile Connect", won't establish data sessions with third party SIM cards. So there is no lock in the device itself, but the dashboard software is restricted. Now what you need to do is simply running a dashboard update which will replace that Vodafone software by Mobile Partner. You'll find download links at Huawei E160 (E160G, E160E, E160X, K3565) - 3G modem wiki (try the official update from 27-May-2009 and if that fails try the inofficial version - the last time I tried it only the inofficial version worked).
I have a Huawei E160 bought in Germany from Tchibo. Is that unlocked? Or do I have to use the unlock code? I want to use the stick in France and Italy. (Are there companies in France and Italy that use the E160 and might be good choices?)

Also have people checked out this unlock site to make sure it isn't some kind of scam trying to get into our computers?