View Single Post
Old
  (#36)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-02-2015, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabecnc View Post
i don't see the reason of so many problems: why not send the sim abroad? they have my passport, they have my credit card... what's the matter???
May I suggest to use another operator??? Why tuenti?
In every Orange store, you get 1 GB for 9€ (Mundo SIM).
Or with Vodafone you get in their stores 750 MB for 10€ and 1.5 GB for 15€ on 4G/LTE, which is not open on tuenti.
Or you can go to other MVNOs: Lycamobile sells 1 GB for 3.75€, about 1/2 the price of tuenti (but no tethering).

OK. I absolutely disapprove tuenti's policy of different rules for foreigners too and made it public
But I will not call this "surcharge" anymore. It's more a form of "bondage".

"Why not send the SIM abroad?"
Because: No network operator does this. All operators only send SIMs domestically. That's their market after all.
Not even MVNOs, except very few in the EU like Mobile Vikings.

Go ask TIM, Vodafone Italia, Wind or Tre in your country.

In this respect Spain is more relaxed than Italy by the way.
In Spain some merchants like http://www.simcardspain.es or others sell it on Ebay and other platforms and send it abroad for a fee.

In Italy you have to go in person with your condice fiscali, (a number nobody outside of Italy has ever heard of) to a shop in Italia.
No chance to get it out of Italy by mail.
I would have liked TIM's "in viaggio pass" or Vodafone's "smart passport" - the best EU roaming options on any EU market right now.
But no way, if I don't show up in bella Italia in person.

So tuenti/Telefónica is in line with all operators not sending their SIM cards abroad.
But the different rules for foreigners are still scandalous and very unusual!!!

Last edited by wolfbln; 20-02-2015 at 16:33..