Old
  (#152)
webdweeb (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 04-08-2013, 23:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
@webdweeb
There's a snapshot of the Wetpaint article at LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access

Except for the lacking new "Smart" tariffs the information is still up-to-date. In any case I will look for a new space where to host this guide.
Inquisitor, thanks for the new link-this looks like a good SIM for my needs (ie, tourist). Since Lidl is a piggyback on the O2 network similar to Fonic, can I assume that the roaming costs are the same as for Fonic/O2? We will be concluding our trip in Austria, so I now need to decide if I should get yet another SIM in Austria or just pay the roaming costs (voice and SMS-data roaming is a killer). I plan to use the Wifi at our accommodations for most of my data needs, but it would be nice to be able to use certain apps (mainly Google Maps) on my iPhone when we are out and about.

One item that may be a challenge: the friend that will be purchasing the SIMs for me has an APO address (she lives on a US Army base in Germany), so I don't know if that qualifies as a German address or not. If not, it appears I may have a problem registering the Lidl SIM, since they require receipt of a letter