View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
ggking7 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-06-2015, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
.Tuenti as they want to be called now is not the only operator who lets you upsize your data package. Digi mobil, Vodafone, Yoigo have data add-ons for more data on prepaid too. Hits mobile even lets you buy a new base pack ahead of time. So you simply asked at the wrong shops that were not selling these brands.
I went to a Vodafone shop and a Yoigo shop and was specifically told that the data allowance on those could only be refilled once per month. This was all communicated through my wife who is a native Spaniard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
Legally they are not allowed to discriminate foreigners, but tuenti has invented some special rules for them: In physical stores like Movistar shops you can do the registration only by showing your passport. Unlike holders of Spanish ID cards (DNI, NIE) you must pay 25 € and the only option to choose is the 7 € package. The rest will be given as a 18 € card balance. In the following month, you will have a free choice. Thus tuenti seems to try to hold on to you.
This strange policy is not enforced if you order it online. You can use your passport ID or Spanish ID cards (called DNI and NIE) online and pay with a credit card or cash-on-delivery and choose any package you like. They'll send it to any Spanish address like your hotel.

This policy was confirmed in 2014 by the Tuenti support forum and by own experience. They charge you worse than the locals and Americans love it... I don't really understand why you praise them for it.
So it depends on whether you need unlimited internet access or to save a few Euros.

Oh, and if you've been in Spain for a while then I'm sure you're used to this kind of crap. If you refused to do business with any Spanish company that tried to rip you off then you would be living on the street already.