View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
a-mac (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 03-06-2009, 21:27

Hi jrs526

I have been researching this also as I also go to Spain regularly and am off there on Monday 8 June for 3 weeks, I'd like a Simyo SIM for my business purposes. In the past I have used a UK T-Mobile dongle (PAYG) in Spain which cost me around £30 for a week's usage a couple of times a day - which is way too much.

My understanding after researching, is that if you can get hold of any unlocked data USB modem (any brand), a Spanish SIM will work in it. So that just leaves us with the question of the payment processes.

paykow says there is no minimum spend so can't see that they would they need bank account details. If the PAYG top-ups can be bought at a supermarket and converted online (assuming I can understand the website instructions ) then this looks like a good deal if I just knew where to buy it!

I guess it also depends on where one is going as the newer service providers have a more scant coverage. I know Yoigo covers the Alicante - Valancia coastal areas quite well, but don't know about Simyo.

It would be great is someone came up with the perfect answer and info before I leave on Monday! If you hear anything, post quick!