View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-04-2015, 21:31

Picked up a free nano SIM for my iPad this afternoon in Chelsea. I verified that I would get LTE with the 15 quid 2 GB bundle, with tethering. Clerk also removed the content block.

He logged onto the EE site for me to activate the pack and saved the status page as an applet for me to check data usage.

So I did a speed test, got 30/16 in Chelsea on Kings Road. But I couldn't tether right away and the Personal Hotspot option wouldn't appear on the iPad System settings.

I wondered if this meant it lacked an iOS profile and maybe the clerk didn't know it might not work on iOS. But he seemed familiar enough with my iPad.

Tried toggling Cellular Data in Settings and Personal Hotspot worked. However, my tethered iPhone is getting only 5/10 consistently.

Never had an issue of limited throughput tethering previously on these same devices. It should be fast enough for my purposes but it's odd and something people may watch out for, should they go with EE.

They also gave me a card on which I can load up top ups for EE, Orange and T Mobile.