View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 26-03-2009, 18:05

Actually, I have my own Asterisk system, and know of the local resident restrictions for geographical DIDs in Germany which is why I didn't consider sipgate.de. Good to know that the non-geographical VOIP numbers are expensive to call, so I don't use that.

When I as in Berlin in February I used Ortel (Ortel Mobile - Connecting the world), which uses the eplus network and accepts eplus top-up cards. The SIM card is hard to find, but is sold in all eplus company stores. Calling the US is a 15 cent startup charge per call, then 9 cents per minute.

I can see blocking betamax access numbers on the flat rate plan. However, blocking them for customers who are paying by the minute is pure greed. That practice would be illegal in the US, despite our light regulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
sipgate.de only assigns local DID numbers if your identity and address has been proved. Otherwise you get only 01803 numbers, which are not covered by flatrates, but cost at least € 0,50/min from mobiles.
However if you have a friend in Germany, who can prove his address and so could get a local DID, you could also easily setup a callthrough system with a very advanced but anyway simple to set up VoIP-router called "Fritz Box Fon", which is sold from € 20-30 at eBay (at least used ones).