View Single Post
Old
  (#305)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 14-09-2013, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post

A friend with a ToggleNL card had €14 credit. Next €10 for the monthly data package were substracted, leaving €4. Then a German number was due for being prolonged on the same day (€5).

Without warning/notice or anything the number was irrevocably cancelled.
I always get an SMS 3 days before a number is about to expire. So I have 3 days to refill my credit if needed.

Didn't he get the SMS? I hope he told support about this issue.

It's good enough for me, but I think they should keep the deactivated number for you so that you can reclaim it within 30 days (or at least 10 days).

If we all complain to support perhaps they will improve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNeedsToKnow View Post
I find it a tragedy to see how Toggle(Lyca) manages to downgrade their otherwise superior product into a state which leaves it close to useless.

They manage the difficult part (=setting something like this up), but then fail miserably when trying to turn this into a reliable, usable product.
They are sending an SMS 3 days before number deactivation and also send an SMS when the number is activated. I see no problem there, other than having a grace period which would be good to have.

I haven't used the UK data packages though and I agree that they should if the aren't sending an SMS for those (many other providers don't send an SMS before either, only to inform you of the charge).

What did support tell him?