View Single Post
Old
  (#222)
misterbill (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 28-07-2013, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post
Took 7 or 8 days for us to get SIM earlier this year. The only "problem" we noticed was that the first time you hit a new country it can take 2 hours to first register on the system. After that, no problem reconnecting to system. Excellent rates in most countries.
I decided not to bother with Piranha since they never responded to a question I submitted asking about shipping and was not comfortable about getting it in time for my trip. I was going to give in and buy the ekit Passport but then realized that Verizon is actually reasonable for data if I do the bundle ($25 for 100mb, cheaper than Pirahna) and texts (5c to receive, 50c to send). Voice they're not cheap on, even if you buy the $4.99 calling plan. But the ekit Passport Lite only costs $10 on Amazon and comes with 30 minutes of free incoming calling (plus $5 of credit, but the calling rates are high)! So I ordered that and will use it in my spare unlocked feature phone and between the two will figure out a way to make it work, plus I'll have a backup in case there are problems.