View Single Post
Old
  (#16)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 28-05-2006, 23:23

I, too, got a reply today - Sunday - a major 3 day holiday weekend in the U.S. He apologized for the delay in answering and said they were overwhelmed by responses when their web site went up.
Can you, or anyone, explain in simple language how this works? It appears you get a landline number which some how is tied to the SIM card.
Some guessing here. "Yackie", it would appear, also runs a VOIP service in the U.S. My guess is the number they assign is in the pool from their VOIP service - which is why they also have UK and French numbers available like other VOIP services. The "VOIP number" is then automatically forwarded to the SIM.
Question - what country/system is the SIM based? It must have its own discrete number.
If this system really works and has working VM available, it will definitely be quite useful. I wouldn't need Kall8 to forward calls when roaming overseas.
[I don't need a prepaid when in lst world countries since i am lucky enough to still be on an old T-Mobile plan where incoming is still about 29 to30?/min. I would still get something like Yackie for outgoing since I still pay about 70? to $1 for calls back to U.S. and quite a bit even for local calls. Guess i should consider a callback service when in first world countries. ] Much of my travel, tho, is to 3rd world places.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.