View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-04-2010, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday View Post
I have a prepaid sim (Telcel Amigo MX) that has the "forward if no answer" (and "if unreachable") set to the network's voicemail number.

Other than feature codes such as *61*[dest]*[sec]# is there any way to override this?

The feature codes (and menu options producing feature codes) give me "request not completed", which I assumes means they've locked it down. Won't even allow me to set it to the exact same as it is now (nor cancel it), so it's the update that's not allowed, not the target.

Main reason is so I can forward to another country, or at least to voicemail in a language my callers understand. I assume it's not possible?

Rob
In my experience, on most prepaids worldwide, changing the forwarding number is network disabled. This is the same whether you try it menu-based or via GSM codes. You could try and speak to Telcel and see if they can help (after all it is more revenue for them), or at least ask them if they can activate English (I presume) on their voicemail software. I think most of the software will have that embedded anyhow. I'm sure you won't be the first to have asked, and at the very least the more people who ask, the more they will realise they need to provide such a basic service to the gringos.

Otherwise your best option maybe to give callers a DID where you have more control.