View Single Post
Old
  (#8)
MobileMan (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-01-2011, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollik View Post
Olivetti - Olicard 145 (S/N: 0C3010404981)

ZTE Corp - K3565-Z ABCD (S/N: 32120082596

My non-data needs are relatively low...I don't spend much time speaking on the phone or texting, so I think I am OK with what I have. I have a contract with Vodafone which comes with 600 minutes and 1GB Mobile Internet, cost £29.79 and about 18 months to run. The phone itself is a Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.2. When I am abroad, I turn off the 3G. I have the unlocking code from Vodafone, though I have not done anything about it yet.

I am going away in UK for few days, but will log on if I can find hotspots or I can use the phone, but it is not as good for entering data as my qwerty is for touch typing.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Polly
Polly,
Just incase you did not realise, you will not be able to use your 1GB mobile internet and 600 minutes on your Vodafone contract when you are travelling throughout Europe, roaming charges will apply. You can actually use your minutes on certain networks in certain European countries if you are signed up to Vodafone passport but this is subject to a 75p connection charge, there is also a 75p connection charge for incoming calls on Vodafone passport. Internet access abroad and international roaming charges ? Vodafone

For data on your mobile, in certain European countries there is Vodafone Data Traveller which you can either pay £2 for each day you use it for up to 25MB/day, or sign up for the monthly Data Traveller and get Vodafone Data Traveller everyday for £10/month. "To get Vodafone Data Traveller call us on 40062 from your Vodafone mobile phone" Using the internet abroad - it's easy on Vodafone

For data on your laptop, local sim cards will normally be your best route if you can't get Wifi, try a couple PAYG sim cards in the dongle to see if it registers on different networks and is unlocked. If you are only in the country for a few days and can manage on less than 25MB/day it may be an idea to see if you can tether your Vodafone mobile to your laptop.