View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 16-08-2006, 20:35

(Posted this on another forum topic regarding Yackie, but thought I'd post it to all recent Yackie discussions to give folks the hope that things may be on the up and up with YM's service issues.) Just a note to all that, despite Cizake's unfortunate departure from Yackie, I just received an e-mail from Yackie providing me a link for account information and usage, along with a username and password. Looked at my call history to see if it picked up the call I tested with, and it did so accurately. I was charged $0.35 for a 33 second phonecall from my VZW cellphone to my Int'l phone. Still trying to figure out how to change the password, but otherwise am happy to finally see this working.

FWIW, it took me almost two months from the time I ordered my card until I received it (ordered around 5/19), and was extremely close to canceling. I still feel that, if they can get everything functioning correctly, this is still by far the best option for an Int'l SIM, especially for those who make phonecalls from Canada or Mexico to the US, where other cards don't seem to come close to Yackie in regards to call rates.

Unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to test these calls out myself, so one never knows until tried, however I am going on a 3-country/2 week vacation to Europe next month, and will summarize my experience when I return along with accuracy of the online call-log when I return.

Patience is a virtue to all. Here's to hoping that everything continues to improve with their service.