View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 28-05-2009, 21:35

Aww, CallYa isn't the ripoff it used to be. Granted, compared to the great deals at Vodafone UK, I'm feeling more cheesed off than ever about expensive data and 1.99/min international calling. But 5/15 isn't a bad deal, considering it's an offer that can include a heavily subsidized phone, or can be useful for occasional use or if you call a lot of people on Vodafone. (FWIW, I use Solomo Pro for pretty much everything else.)

Having said that, I watched my credit drop by 15 euros when I tried, unsuccessfully, to send an MMS to a friend of mine in February. I don't know what the problem was, as I was using a Vodafone-branded Moto V3 RAZR, with all the settings evidently correct. But even though the MMS failed to deliver, I was charged 39 cents for each automatic attempt to resend. I wrote to Vodafone and they didn't refund my money, but simply told me to use their phone configuration tool. Gee, thanks.

If there's a problem of accidental data access, make sure the account is set to the 45 cents for 5 minutes data option (advertised as "9 cents per minute"). While not especially cheap, it's a much better deal than the otherwise standard 20 EUR/MB data rate, and they do not charge if you just go to the Vodafone Live homepage. As many Voda phones in the past had buttons that did just that (which you could not reconfigure), hitting the button accidentally could get expensive.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Last edited by Motel75; 28-05-2009 at 21:41..