View Single Post
Old
  (#11)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-03-2009, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by babble View Post
Yes, you can forward your Begian DID to the Solomo Voip account.
More precisely: You can forward your Belgian DID through the solomo VoIP account to your solomo SIM.

Quote:
Online you can set up your account to receive incoming calls either on your solomo mobile alone (5c/min), or on your solomo voip account alone (free), or on both simultaneously for 5c/min (but only pickup on one receiver).
You can set up parallel call, so VoIP and SIM will ring simultaneously if the solomo number is being called. But keep in mind, that the solomo VoIP account can't be registered multiply. So you can't use the VoIP account on your FritzBox and through Fring at once. Before you leave Belgium you need to decide wether you setup the VoIP account on your FritzBox to forward calls to the SIM or if you want to use the VoIP account with Fring.

Quote:
Each solomo pro account also has its own voip telephone number (with "98" in the middle) which you can give to people if you only want them to directly phone your voip telephone.
That's another interesting thing, I didn't realize. So when you are in Germany, you could call your VoIP-account on your FritzBox from your solomo SIM and so reach your family or setup callthrough for 5 ct/min. Just for clarification: Depending on what you configure online on the solomo website the solomo VoIP account will ring for both: your regular solomo mobile number and the additional VoIP-number (= username of the VoIP account).

Quote:
Naked voip over somolo/e-plus is banned, but technically possible. There are a few minor hurdles, but nothing complicated. I won´t give any details because the e-plus network is very, very overloaded at times. Just play around knowing that it is possible. Jump the hurdles!
Using VoIP over GPRS/EDGE/3G would only be cheaper than a callthrough-setup through the solomo VoIP-account + FritzBox if you use a VoIP codec, that generates less than 28 KBit/s (including up- AND downstream and overhead).

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot. The solomo service is provided by vistream. In the solomo contract terms and conditions, you have to agree to the vistream terms and conditions, which include a clause allowing vistream to terminate all services after 3 months of account inactivity. No-one has ever reported that this clause has been used, but it is there nevertheless.
So far solomo hasn't cancelled account earlier than after 12 months of inactivity and I think it shouldn't be a problem to send a SMS every 3 months.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com