(#6)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 13-02-2006, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
i got my new RIIING card and have had some great time using it:
Motorola V3: 100% functionality
Motorola V3i: had to resort to sim based calling menu, otherwise i got no ring back
Motrola V3X: Many problmes unless i set the Search for network to manual, it just keeps switching networks
Thanks for feedback on phone models that use Riiing. I am using a Riiing card on a Siemens A65 triband now, but am thinking of purchasing a Motorola V3 quadband. This confirms the Riiing card will work on the plain V3 model I am thinking of getting. Reason for the extra band is that I will also buy a Cingular USA MVNO (probably Beyond Wireless GSM) SIM card for it and need the extra 850 Mhz band for full US coverage. Will be glad to be using a flip phone rather than a candy bar. Might try using a dual-sim adapter that menu switches without cutting the sim card any further (e.g. Duo-Sim).

When in Jamaica in late January, got a welcome text message in English from both Digicel Jamaica and Cable & Wireless bMobile trying to entice me to use their systems. Didn't always get the callback from Riiing on my phone when I dialed (think this may have had to do with overloaded networks in Montego Bay because of a music festival in town for part of my stay; sometimes got "network busy" warnings on the screen). Still the combination of using Riiing when it worked, and Iridium when it didn't, saved a lot of money over using the hotel phone. .

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype