View Single Post
Old
  (#10)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-02-2015, 09:30

Hello again,

I've got one.

Its really thin like a sticker and is "pressed" with an included Kit on the existing SIM card.

I plugged it very carefully in the slot of and low cost Android (4.2.2) device and it fit. But be very careful!

You can activate the SIM-Package by a onboard SIM Tool Kit Application - even with a pre Smartphone-aera Phone - plus an app available for Android or iOS or via the web.

After registering it, I've got to international numbers for it

+44 7418 5xxxxx which belongs to Telecoms North America Mobile (says british OFCOM)

+1 304 275 xxxx

Both numbers cannot be reached from Germany. (Tested various Carriers and networks)

So I contacted the support.

They told me to top it up (minimum 25 US$), but numbers remain unavailable.

Support advised me to change manually from "Home SIM" to "Germany".
The SIM-Cards changes its name from "E-Plus" (this is my home sime, to be exact "Simyo") to "260060".

If I understand it right 260-06(0) is the Network Code of Poland "Play/P4" a 3G-only Provider with national roaming with 2G networks inside of Poland.

If switched in the "Play" mode, my Phone sees 4 german networks (Telekom D1, Vodafone D2, E-Plus, o2) but no network allows me to enter it.

I'm not sure, if "Play" has full roaming agreements in Germany or if there is problem in the HLR /"Switch" of Play in Poland or Knowroaming in CDN or if german networks alltogether do not want this creative idea.

Or I have really to login in a foreign network (to france it would be 100 kms from here) before the SIM cards get active? I could check this out earliest at weekend.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Last edited by hrgajek; 12-02-2015 at 09:31.. Reason: Mistyping