Thread: German Mvno's
View Single Post
Old
  (#24)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Debitel Light giving up - 11-12-2006, 14:45

Some news about German "MVNO"s (they are in fact providers and don't have any network structure):

Debitel Light has given up. The costs for customer acquisition were far too high (since unlike some of their competitors they were selling lots of SIM cards in i.e. electronic stores as well) and quite a lot of these new customers never used their SIM cards. Therefore the mother company Debitel has decided to sell Debitel Light to competitor Blau.

All Debitel Light customers will be transfered to the Blau platform, the tariffs are already the same and starting ~February '07 calls between the two groups will be charged at the reduced rate of 0,06€/min too.

The Debitel Light homepage is still online, however when trying to order a new SIM you'll be redirected to Blau.

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600