View Single Post
Old
  (#19)
gkeeper (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 24-12-2012, 05:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
That is my gripe about Truphone. They claim that we get local rates when we visit the other country but they find ways to ding us.

If I take my Truphone SIM to France explain why I don't get EU minimum rates (which any British prepaid SIM will give me) or EU Minimum rates + say eight cents a minute to cover the fact that the US doesn't have surcharged mobile rates.

Tru is cheaper on phone data than Piranha, but Piranha seems better in most respects.

I am starting to understand how this works now, with my Piranha i get 2 numbers free one US one UK, if i want another number on my Truphone, say a US number, I have to pay an extra £5.00 per month, which seems very steep. As for Data Rates it depends where you are traveling, in Europe the Piranha rates are much cheaper than Truphones, £0.35 per mb to Truphones £0.60 per mb, outside of the EU some countries covered by Piranha are very cheap, but most are silly prices and i would definitely leave data off if i travelled to those countries. On the whole the voice prices inside and out of Europe are much cheaper on Piranha. Anyways thank you both for your explanations, you have opened my eyes and made my mind up for me.