View Single Post
Old
  (#9)
kctopitz (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-06-2018, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
Besides DrimSIM from Russia which i sometimes use for the low per-MB rate until a get a local SIM, Koko Mobile seems to be an interesting choice. It's by far the best priced Naka product with monthly packages.
First, thanks for all your work on the prepaid data SIM wiki. It's a resource I use often, and I often refer others to it.

Koko may offer the best priced packages of the Naka SIMs that offer packages (DrimSIM doesn't), but it's debatable as to whether you'd be saving any money with them. For example, the cheapest Koko data package, for their data SIM only (no voice), is the EU PLUS package at CHF 5.90 - about 5.11 Euro at today's rates - for 500MB. That's slightly more than 1 cent per MB, which is what you'd pay with the DrimSIM for pay-as-you-go data. So at least in the case of light data use in the EU, DrimSIM makes more sense. Even with the largest Koko data package (~€20.71/2500MB) for the EU, you're only getting down to .8 cent per MB, so not a huge savings, especially when you factor in that you probably won't use all the data in 30 days (so each MB effectively costs more) or you'll go over and pay 5 cents per additional MB (their rate in most EU countries I think).

As mentioned, those packages are for the data SIM only. If you want a Koko voice/data SIM (as the DrimSIM is), the data packages cost more, e.g. €6.93 for the 500MB package, so the DrimSIM becomes the clear winner - at least in the EU, though I'm guessing this may be true for all their packages. It's hard to say right now since it looks like Koko just updated their website, and the data packages no longer list which countries are in the other "Global" packages.

Since you have a DrimSIM maybe you can answer: does it include the option to add an additional number, e.g. a German or US number? Is there a cost for it?