Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#525)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-06-2015, 12:29

We're just back from Europe. I used Toggle for the first time there, initially in the UK and then in France.

There are tons of options in the UK but Toggle works well, calls home to Canada inexpensively, and has inexpensive local data add-ons. I was very pleased with it there.

In France, the situation is more complicated. Prepaid SIMs are a bit trickier to get. Lyca and lebara goth have good options. But you know what? I found Toggle to be perfectly satisfactory. I wish you could buy a smaller block of data than a gigabyte (a half gig would have done me fine) but the rates were reasonable enough for data, and the voice rates were great. The local French number came in quite handy when we had an issue with our rented flat and our property manager wanted a way to reach us.

I'll definitely be keeping my Toggle SIMs alive to use again, even though we don't travel abroad that often. And hopefully Canada is added to the list of countries with good rates - it would be great to give travelers here a better option than is available now.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.