View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2006, 23:27

BTW, isn't there any way to edit your previous posts anymore? All right, I'll just start a new one.

Anyway, my Chinese isn't that good (and particually I'm not used to the unconventional short form of characters here), but, as far as I can tell:

- the name of the prepaid offer is "神州行暢聽卡", pronounced Shenzhouxing Changtingka, abbrevated SH.
- incoming calls cost outside your home region are at 0,60 RMB/min. as well.
- initial credit validity is 120 days, when recharging you get: 50 RMB -> 90 days, 100 RMB -> 180 days, 300 RMB -> 360 days and 500 RMB -> 360 days, up to a maximum of 720 days.
- you can use WAP, possibly GPRS too, though I haven't found out how or how much it costs
- the credit server (checking balance, recharging &c.) is located at 10086, when entering the menu for the first time you are asked whether you want it in Chinese or English. However the English pronounciation is quite bad. Other that that, it'll cost you some money to access it too.
- when actived the PIN control is offline, you standard PIN is 1234.
- you can also inquire about your card online, at www.sh.chinamobile.com, you'll need your telephone number and your 6-digit online PIN to login. However the entire website is Chinese.
- when dialing within your home city you can dial directly without the city prefix, when calling a mobile you start with 13...

One word about China Unicom: their tariffs seem mostly quite similar to China Mobile's, the package costs 130 RMB as well and includes 62 RMB of credit.

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600