View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
eieio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-08-2007, 04:28

i see! that's good news.

what about bringing Rogers into the consideration equation? so far, i've only considered Fido. it seems to me that there's no reason to not think about Rogers as well.

now that Mr. PhotoJim has told me that the extended network is not an issue, i have to think about what to do with these 3 area codes!! i can't really justify buying 3 sim cards, of course, but would it make sense to buy 2 sims? one for vancouver and one for the calgary/banff/lake louise area code? then, the only 2 days that i'd be left without "local calling rates" would be the 2 nights in Jasper. of course, the cost/benefit of the additional cost of the 2nd sim card has to be considered.

again, most of my calls would seem likely to be initiated by me: calling my USA landline to check my answering machine, calling my tmobile USA voicemail (since that has a "all call forward unconditionally" set the day i leave the USA for Vancouver), and calling friends back. all of these calls would be either through a local access number or an 866 number for OneSuite.com's calling card service. so it seems that i'll need lots and lots of "local minutes".

i don't know how to get away from getting a vancouver area code, and then making calls from the calgary area code and not incur a 30 cent per minute surcharge due to it being "canadian long distance" outside of my "local vancouver area code".

this is so darn complicated!