View Single Post
Old
  (#18)
eieio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-08-2007, 11:42

VladS: thx for your advice. my follow up questions are:

1. Fido: why did they tell me that if i had a vancouver area code, if i'm in calgary, every 866 call is considered a "local call" and a local call in calgary means incurring canadian long distance since i'm no longer in vancouver? was the representative mistaken? please consider the fact that the majority of my calls will be initiated by me from canada to the US using my onesuite.com 866 access number. only in vancouver, i can use onesuite.com's vancouver local access number (they do not have local area code access numbers in calgary).

2. Fido: may i call to change my area code from vancouver to calgary when i go there? vancouver 4 days, calgary 4 days, jasper 2 days. charges for that? i cannot find it at all on their website. their reps are really not that helpful. i find their answers to be inconsistent.

3. Rogers: why not consider Rogers pay as you go plan? is rogers reception any better? their $1 per day has unlimited evenings starting at 6pm rather than the usual 8pm.

4. Rogers: they seem NOT to charge for changing area codes!!! am i mistaken? i read and re-read their info online, confusing. it is $10 to change your number online but seemingly free if you change your area code. website is so confusing.

5. 7 11: i'm confused why you mentioned that their $100 option is that great. i already have a quad band HTC phone that i'll be bringing to use. wouldn't that save me money by not going the 7 11 route and getting a new phone, however cheap that phone is? though $100 airtime is only $0.20 which is like 500 mins, that's quite a bit. what about canadian long distance when i move from vancouver to calgary? how does 7 11 handle that? they seem not to have much customer service/support at all!! concerned. they also don't have an unlimited evening option, which Rogers does have.

6. Sound /reception quality of Fido vs Rogers vs 7 11?? are they essentially the same? or is one better than another?

thanks in advance! looking forward to hearing your answers sir/madam.

Last edited by eieio; 21-08-2007 at 11:50..