View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
bossku69 (Offline)

Default 01-03-2011, 04:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
I don't undestand well your problems, it's all quite complicated!
BTW if you have an unlocked phone I think it's the best solution to buy a prepaid card.
Wind could be the cheapest and best solution, but unfortunately it has quite bad coverage along railway tracks, expecially where there are many tunnels (which are not covered yet). So if you plan to travel mostly by train and need data there I think TIM or Vodafone would be better.
Thanks

I am confused about how the mobile prepaid packages work.

So I have an unlocked smart phone, G1 Andriod: HTC - Products - T-Mobile G1 - Overview and last time I just bought a prepaid card, but burned through all the data very very quickly.

I'm looking to utilize the data more and get an unlimited plan, as well as voice... something that will be me like 1GB of data or so. In order to get data on TIM, all I would need to do is buy a prepaid SIM and text "TIMSMART ON" to 40916? Its that simple?

Or I'm considering an option like renting a MiFi device some this company: Italy Wireless Data Rental - Unlimited 3G data via Mobile Hotspot and Wireless Modem then I would just use a VoIP service on my iPhone. However, this appears to be a bit more pricey, although gives me more options than just having a single SIM and can use it on 3 other wireless devices I have.

Any suggestions?