View Single Post
Old
  (#43)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 18-01-2007, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog View Post
I think that the journalists don't decide about the target groups - they just observe the state of the world, at least in this case .
Well, last time BlauWorld reduced its rates (lower rates to several countries and 9 cents to Western Europe and North America) I recall a couple of articles along the lines of "Calls to Turkey now cheaper."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
most providers here charge the same rate for russia landline and mobile -- or even the mobile is cheaper than the landline. Maybe the russian operators are not that money thursty than the west europeans.
I doubt that, as roaming in Russia was for many years the most expensive thing you could do with your phone (local calls $6 per minute with North West GSM). Lack of competition, not specifically thirst for money, is the most usual explanation for high prices.

I'm not sure why it would be the same price, though. Perhaps foreign calls to mobiles avoid paying high interconnect fees to a state communications monopoly that offsets the CPP difference?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell