View Single Post
Old
  (#12)
gmmour (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-07-2007, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtrusive View Post
Are you sure about this last statement? Until fairly recently all the mobile operators insisted on seeing your tax declaration for the last year or at the very least some form of documentation proving your income is above a certain amount (e.g official declaration from your employer).

Has something changed recently? Is this specific to WIND?
Since 2002 I have made two contracts for myself (I don't have a tax declaration because I still don't pay any taxes), I was there when two friends of mine signed their contracts (they were foreign students so neither of them had a tax declaration form) and all of us paid using a credit card.

They never even asked for a proof of the tax-number (AFM)... As soon as you give them a credit card, they don't ask for your tax declaration and you get an online credit approval in seconds.

If you wish to pay in any other way except for credit cards then they ask for a tax declaration form and proof of your AFM, if you don't provide them with a tax declaration then the situation on credit approval varies between the providers. Vodafone usually gets back with a positive approval in two hours from the time you went to the store while WIND usually gives the approval again in some minutes! It has happened to a friend of mine who comes from an asian country, is studying in Greece, doesn't pay taxes and doesn't have an income and also doesn't have a credit card! At Wind (back then Telestet) he got the approval in three minutes without any of the above (just his passport) and at vodafone he got the approval for his line in three hours, and that's back in 2003. I think now things have gotten even easier. I don't think they ask for any of the above mentioned proofs of income any more, a lot of university students sign postpaid contracts without credit cards all the time!