View Single Post
Old
  (#28)
MBK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-08-2013, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckh View Post
But now I already order xxsim and its in euro; that is a plus for me. And offcourse I can setup a better rate myself, so 15 cpm is just the start
I'm sure you will be happy with the XXSIM. It's still a very good sim, and the difference is not much as they all use the same backend.

Talking about this, could someone advise why not to go with Travelsim (the backend) directly?

Advantages:

• Travelsim has recently added worldwide WIFI access to the SIM (paid for with SIM credit): travelsim.com/trustive/
  • With travelsim you get new rates and free countries the soonest (they are the backend).
  • It is more expensive to purchase as you have to pay for 50€ credit, but credit never expires and the SIM remains active for 2 years with no recharge.

Disadvantages:
  • no email-to-SMS compared to Onesimcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckh View Post
Piranha mobile btw seems also a good deal. I think I might consider them for my second pair of sims. I'll for sure research them; only too bad their rates tool is so complicated; the rates seem to be low but not as simply structured as xxsim
I didn't go with piranha because they always charge for incoming and they are expensive in some countries. But to call out they are of course interesting in some countries. I would take EKIT Passport as 2nd world sim backup (80+ countries free incoming), but Piranha deserves some consideration too due to the cheap outgoing calls in some areas.

In Europe my 2nd SIM is Toggle Mobile and elsewhere local sims (coupled with the MobileVOIP android/iphone app and the dozens of voip providers it supports (all the betamax voip clones) you often get extremely cheap/free callback and the lowest outgoing calls worldwide (free calls to many countries landlines and mobiles). + you can set any callerid you want).

i.ex with this dual-sim setup: if you set +372 as caller id you have free incoming in 154 countries and the worldwide cheapest outgoing calls showing the same callerid.

Nothing can beat this.

edit: if you don't use the local sim for the data, the onesimcard charges data in 1k increments, so triggering the callback costs less than $0.01

Last edited by MBK; 12-08-2013 at 22:59..