View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-04-2015, 17:08

Wolfbin -
Thanks for your detailed reply.
One "error". TM, in the U.S., actively pushes the fact they have wifi calling built in to the phone and their system. They didn't very actively promote it for years - but the last 6 months have done that. TV ads show you can make phone calls deep within your basement where cell signals don't penetrate as long as you have wifi.
Skype is never mentioned directly by TM or any other carrier.

I don't know if using TM's built in wifi calling would be blocked like a Skype call would. Probably would. Glad you pointed out I should try and determine if a particular data card allows for voip calls. I'd need to buy card in a company store to get that answered.
Probably, since the data SIMS are so cheap, and you said most will allow voip, I'll just take a chance.

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.