Thread: Toggle Mobile
View Single Post
Old
  (#88)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-05-2013, 11:17

It's hardly surprising that toggle now blocks roaming through the "Roaming" IMSI for those countries you have an IMSI from. I would rather assume that there were technical reasons why this barring hasn't been implemented earlier and not legal/contractual ones. You probably remember what I wrote in February in this regard:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
I'm rather surprised that you can still use the global IMSI within a toggle country even if you have a national IMSI from the corresponding country. Once a subscriber has obtained a national IMSI by ordering a local number, roaming through the global IMSI should be blocked in that particular country in order to save costs.
With FreeTimeTelecom the global IMSI did not register in Germany, where they had a local IMSI from now defunct vistream/Telogic Germany. But I guess for toggle it's way more complicated because you would need to define allowed roaming networks for each subscriber individually based on each subscriber's activated local numbers/IMSIs and then you would need to permanently update Vodafone NL's HLR with these records.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com