(#96)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 29-05-2013, 07:34

Hi andy,

may I try to answer your questions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
This isn't about call diversion from the Toggle SIM itself, but the ability to forward other numbers to it?
Diverts from Toggle to elsewhere are (unfortunately) not possible.

Quote:
Does diversion rely on getting permission from the destination number network, and that can be turned down?
Not directly, but it can be indirectly implemented: A diverted call is technically marked as such. Thus the receiving network can identify diverted calls, and handle them differently.
  • Diverting my "normal" Swiss# to Toggle is not possible, Toggle rejects the call.
  • Diverting my "normal" German# to Toggle is (strangely) possible and Toggle accepts the call. When receiving such calls the phone even displays "diverted call".
  • I wish to test the same with my "usual" UK#, but Virgin doesn´t allow diverts.

Quote:
I've seen comments above that it won't be possible, or that's what I think it means, but so far I'm a little confused as I can still do so, though that's not yet tested abroad. Coming soon ...
Abroad... I am in Switzerland now, and my Swiss# cannot be diverted to Toggle. On Friday I´ll be in Germany. I´ll test again whether the Swiss divert will suddenly work when I log into the German network. Have to say I doubt it. We´ll see Friday.

Rgds, Christian