View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
drama queen (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 08-08-2011, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Hello all, and thanks for contributing with such valuable information!

Here's my question: I'll be traveling to several European countries and was wondering what would be the best option for my unlocked iPhone. I mostly care about data plans (something in the order of 500MB would be nice, for example). I won't be making calls either but it would be great if I can be called.

The cities I'll be visiting are: Paris, Frankfurt, Cologne, Amsterdam, Bruges and London.

I'm from Argentina as well, in case that counts.

What do you think? Many suggested a prepaid plan from T-Mobile for example, but there doesn't seem to be a way to acquire the SIM if you live outside the UK. Thanks so much in advance!
If you are travelling during August, Vodafone Ireland have a Prepaid SIM that offers free data roaming throughout Europe up to a limit of 50MBytes per day. This works out at about 99c per day. If you were visiting Ireland, you could pick up a SIM for free by porting from another Irish network who offer free SIM cards. As Ireland is not on your list, you should be able to buy a Vodafone Ireland SIM on eBay.

This website gives further details.

Amazing deal: data roaming for $1.35 PER DAY in UK and Europe! - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller

I have used this SIM around Europe in the last few weeks - it works great.