View Single Post
Old
  (#2)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default Recommendations for Spain? - 22-04-2008, 11:09

I've looked through the provider list for Spain, and quite frankly, it doesn't look too promising. I'm going there next month, for the first time in many years, and would like to pick up two SIMs (so I can talk to my wife) that will have relatively cheap calls to the USA and the rest of Europe (Poland, Germany, UK, Italy), as well as being easy to keep alive, in case I start coming to Spain more often; cheap-ish data would be good, too. I'd also like to not have to spend very much for the SIM itself.

However, it looks rather bleak -- for a country with lots of holiday visitors, there's no offer that seems like a good one for annual visitors, unlike, say, O2 has in the Czech Republic. In fact, roaming on my German/Polish/British/Italian phones would be cheaper in some circumstances than a native SIM. Yoigo seems to be the best all-rounder, but perhaps there's an MVNO or something that isn't listed yet. Any suggestions?

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell