View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
wisniak (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 05-08-2011, 20:47

I just returned from Spain, Barcelona and Pyrenees.

Due to my itinerary, the first (and only) quick option for me was the Carrefour card, which I purchased in their Prat de Llobregat branch (a couple of kilometers from the Barcelona airport, on the left side of the highway).

I paid 1 Euro/day for the 13 days I was there + 5 Euros for the card itself.
I could have paid 1 additional Euro to have 30 calendar days access.

I can't say what was the MB limit but it seems I did not reach it, as in the last days, when we were in Barcelona, I still had fast browsing speeds.

I had pretty fast 3G access in most places, except out in the nature reserves, where I had no reception at all (on the other hand, my wife's BB did have some reception in some of the places).

Further, in some of the towns were we stayed I seemed to have roaming, not 3G (there was a little hollow circle in the left top side) and indeed speed was slow.

Last, take into account that Carrefour sell regular SIM cards, not MicroSIMs, so you need to have a SIM cutting device (I purchased one in eBay for $5, it worked perfectly, though it was the 1st time I ever used one). And if your device supports regular SIM cards, you'll need an adapter tray (the SIM cutter comes with one, you can purchase them for cheap on eBay).