View Single Post
Old
  (#25)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-04-2014, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Thanks. It looks like I will not touch that phone with a barge-pole then. I did read about problems with the GPS elsewhere too and someone struggling to pick up many satellites.
There are complaints about bad GPS reception for the ZP998, too.

Quote:
Why is the same phone listed twice at two different prices
here and here ?? Is that difference just the delivery charge?
The first one comes from China while the later and more expensive one is being dispatched from Germany ("versandkosten frei aus DE" = "free shipping from Germany"). Actually in the cheaper offer there's a button labeled "aus DE versendet kaufen" ("buy dispatched from Germany") which takes you to the later item.

Quote:
I have also been looking at the other end of the spectrum and thinking about picking up something cheap and cheerful. (you never know where my bottle breaking luck takes me). I see that e-fox is selling the CUBOT P9 dual SIM for only 65 euros today! Anyone know anything about this phone?
Never got my hands on that one but 512MB RAM would be a showstopper for me and I don't see any point in accepting the bulkiness of a 5" display when it comes with such a low resoution (540*960px) unless you are visually impaired.
If I was to buy a dual SIM handset again, I would definitely consider the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 DuoS (G7102) which supports 5GHz Wifi, GLONASS and quadband UMTS (850/900/1900/2100) and is made in Samsung's typical high build quality.
By the way, I think FullHD (1920*1080px) is totally pointless on a 5" screen as the increased pixel density over 1280*720px is far from any human eye's visual capabilites (at least if you hold the device in a usual distance from your eye of a foot or so) and so it is a total waste of resources to produce these displays which then require exponentially more CPU/GPU power to render the higher resolution frames and so impair battery life. Indeed I could not really take notice when downgrading from a 1920*1080px@5" screen to 1280*720px@4.7". But 960*540 is definitely too little for a 5" device.

P.S.: Next time just pour the brandy from the bottle into your stomache, so it can't flood your phone anymore. However this may entail some new risks for your handset.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 12-04-2014 at 13:03..