View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 27-11-2009, 19:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbonato View Post
Do you think that is the best option to suit my needs?
Do you know if a national/European ID is needed to buy this service?[*]Do you know what would be my download and upload speed? (Upload is most important for me)[/LIST][/B]
According to 3's website you will only get a maximum upload bandwidth of 384 KBit/s on the EazyInternet Tank&Surf tariff, which is the only prepaid one from 3. That's 2.8 MB per minute, which is not really fast if you want to upload video footage in broadcast quality.
Only postpaid customers can get 3's maximum HSUPA-speed of 2 MBit/s (15 MB/min).
Anyway those rates are theory - however bandwidth is usually impacted by the load of the serving cell. If too many users served by the same basestation use their terminals simultaneously bandwidth can drop to analogue modem speed. Especially during events like the aforementioned you are likely to see such congestions.
Regarding hardware, you should make sure to have an HSUPA-enabled modem in order to get the best upload results. Allthough upload bandwidth is limited to 384 KBit/s for prepaid customers, they use HSUPA on the air-interface anyway, as it enhances overall upload bandwidth and so improves performance during high load. The throttling to 384 KBit/s occurs later in their core network.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com