View Single Post
Old
  (#6)
DaveRo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-03-2010, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
To my knowledge, you don't need any special registration forms. You just need to bring an identification document (passport, ID card, residence permit etc) and visit a Wind store. They take a copy of your ID document, enter your data on the national database and finally you sign a formal statement that verifies that the above data is correct.
Yes, but you know what it's like in Greece. You're presented with a form - all in Greek - with a few words scrawled on it and told to sign it. I thought I'd get ahead of the game - prefill the form, or at least find out what I'm signing.

For example the Vodafone form - which is all in Greek - and entitled

ΔΗΛΩΣΗ / ΑΛΛΑΓΗ ΣΤΟΙΧΕΙΩΝ ΣΥΝΔΡΟΜΗΤΩΝ & ΧΡΗΣΤΩΝ
ΓΙΑ ΣΥΝΔΡΟΜΗΤΕΣ ΣΥΜΒΟΛΑΙΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΠΡΟΠΛΗΡΩΜΕΝΟΥ ΧΡΟΝΟΥ VODAFONE

Google translation: DECLARATION / CHANGE OF USER DATA SUBSCRIBERS &
CONTRACT FOR SUBSCRIBERS AND VODAFONE Prepaid

contains this

Use of Personal Data Advertising (to be completed only by prepaid subscribers)
Hereby declare that I consent to notification by the VODAFONE PANAFON A.E.E.T my personal data, limited to CONSENT data identifiers of my identity (name, address, phone, email) to third parties for advertising products and agencies and companies with which it collaborates, market research or similar activity and promote distance own products or services, or third parties. It also expressed consent to direct marketing of products or services and making unsolicited communications for the above purposes and for any promotional purposes.

Somewhere on that form there's a tickbox to deny that consent. There's also an opt-out for inclusion of the number on directories and public databases. I'd like to know in advance where these opt-outs are.