View Single Post
Old
  (#27)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-10-2006, 21:45

Quote:
And even if or when it does come to pass, I am quite sure the rates will be higher than you would want to pay, both inbound and outbound.
True enough, and I'd use my local SIM in most places. However, having people be able to reach me at a U.S. number when I'm in Europe would be very useful, especially for work and job applications, where I'd be willing to pay over the money. I've noticed that a lot of folks in the States refuse to call overseas, now matter how cheap, or their company prohibits international calls, or whatever. I'd never get a contract phone as I'm outside the U.S. most of the time, but without international roaming TMO works only as a voicemail service.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell