View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 25-05-2006, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec
Effendi/AndreA: don't you think it could be useful to have a post (maybe pinned) containing just a list of all the international prepaid sim offers on the internet? There seem to be so many new ones coming up e.g. yackiemobile or just call28.com - a google ad on prepaidgsm - mentioned by Przemolog earlier this month - but I had to "search" the forum to find out it had been already spotted.
Yes, I was thinking about almost the same (restricted to very numeruous Manx sims only). I agree it's an excelllent idea - it's getting really a lot of this stuff . I also think that the list should contain also rebranded SIMs with the same rates (like e.g. Eco World which is in fact a relabelled UM).

As to Yackiemobile itself, my first impressions:
1) It seems to be the first international SIM to beat the Hop rates in the USA and Canada (especially on incoming calls) - but not in Cuba and India :P
2) The coverage seems to be similar to 09 but there's also a roaming with something named "Satellite communication B" ??? :unsure:
3) The description of the menu based calling and compatibility nakes me think that it uses UM/09 technoiogy rather than "Manx" one
4) I think that there must be a separate SMS number - I doubt if SMSes can be forwarded from "official" landline numbers to a "real" SIM number :unsure: