View Single Post
Old
  (#519)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-05-2015, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
Not all, but most of today's phones allow data roaming on networks of the same country without indicating roaming and without respecting the setting for data roaming. There is normally no need for EHPLMN.
You are wrong. The suppression of the roaming indication can only be achieved by the EHPLMN list (let's ignore the infeasible way of modifying handset operating systems as that usually is beyond the power of network operators).
Since I see your contributions in the relevant threads of the German telefon-treff.de board dealing with the eplus/o2 merger in Germany where a EHPLMN list has recently been implemented by OTA updates, I wonder how you come to such claims.
As you probably also know there is a thread listing phones that don't have EHPLMN support implemented correctly and hence still indicate the other network as a "roaming" network: http://www.telefon-treff.de/showthre...hreadid=571120

Quote:
On my Alditalk SIM EHPLMN is empty. There is no mention of 262 07 anywhere on the SIM. It happily roams on O2 including data without indicating roaming and without the need to enable data roaming (S4 mini phone).
How do you read the EHPLMN field? Have you made sure that your method is actually working correctly?
My German O2 and Aldi SIM cards both received a EHPLMN list in the course of the merger of O2 and eplus and the associated national roaming. Both now carry 26203 (formerly eplus) or 26207 (O2) in the EHPLMN field as the following example of an O2 SIM proves:

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com