View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
talon4x4 (Offline)

Default Toggle Sim....nothing but problems!! - 13-10-2013, 22:52

This has been my first experience buying a sim to use internationally and it has been horrible!

For starters when I tried purchasing the card from the Toggle website every single credit card I tried to use to make the purchase was rejected. They forwarded my issues to tech support but they were of no help so they just ended up sending me a card and I used Paypal to put money on the card.

After receiving the sim I was able to get it setup rather painlessly. I was however charged .48 for each of the 5 confirmation messages Toggle sent the phone when setting up the different phone numbers. I have yet to get a credit for any of them (I brought this to their attention and asked for a credit almost 2 weeks ago)

My wife is currently in Germany and the problems continue. I setup a USA number and a German number on the sim. When I call the USA number to talk to my wife I have to call the number at least 10 times before it actually goes through. It tells me I have reached a non-working number, the number can't be completed as dialed or it just puts me into some voicemail system. It has never worked straight away. I know its not because she doesn't have a signal either because she will call me first and let it ring once and then I call her back. And looking at the billing I see that on one occasion they actually charged the account for one of the times she called me and hung up. My voicemail doesn't answer until 5 or 6 rings so I know it wasn't because she got my voicemail. I made sure she knows to hang up after one ring.

Next problem is with text messages. On the first day I sent her 5 messages, she didn't get a single one of them. Since that day she has received about half of the messages I have sent her. Also most of the messages she has sent out, never reach their destination. She didn't even know people weren't getting them until I told her that everyone was wondering why she isn't replying to their messages.

The customer service is subpar. You can always get in touch with someone quite quickly and the answer emails within a day, which is impressive. Problem is they just reiterate a scripted answer, which is never the solution to my problem. Their favorite response to my problems has been that either the sim isn't compatible with the phone or the phone isn't latched to the USA network. Both responses don't really make sense because phone calls and text messages do go through, just not that frequently.

My advice would be to stay far away from Toggle. Unfortunately my wife is in Germany until Friday so she still has 5 more days of dealing with this nonsense.