View Single Post
Old
  (#7)
Gryphone (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default Concerning "Mobile Number Portability" et sequentes - 15-01-2007, 22:34

One correction, about Loop it should say:

"Loop: Send an SMS containing "Netz" to 4636 followed by a blank and the number."

The last paragraph should be shortened from currently
"The virtual operators, instead, only offer an on-tariff discount (i.e. Tchibo to Tchibo) and there's usually no way to check numbers for that. The only exception from that is Aldi Talk which currently unofficially charges the same for the entire E-Plus network. Therefore one should include the same note as with Free&Easy."
to
"The virtual operators, instead, only offer an on-tariff discount (i.e. Tchibo to Tchibo)."
since Aldi is now charging normal rates to non-Aldi numbers on the E-Plus network.

For Simyo and Blau I've listed the number above, to check whether a card belongs to Aldi Talk you can dial 1142 (free of charge).

The following part about "Cheaper international calls" is quite outdated, AFAIK the numbers listed there are no longer active, some of the rates have changed as well, if someone is interested I'll see whether I can write a revised version of it.

About the networks: small glitch, it should say "strongly" instead of "stronly", and the following cards can now use the UMTS network: Xtra, Callya (now also without special option), Aldi Talk, Smobil, Penny Mobil and Ja!Mobil (even though you can't even use data calls with the last two).

Active Prepaid SIMs: United Mobile; (RC) China Mobile; (USA) TúYo; (D) Loop, Callya, Simyo; (A) Klax; (I) Wind; (B) Ay Yildiz
Former Prepaid SIMs: (RC) IF; (D) Free&Easy, Xtra; (A) Yesss; (UK) Pay&Go; (E) Movistar; (IS) Frelsi
Mobiles in use: Sagem my101X, Siemens M50, Nokia 6800, Siemens M65, Motorola E770, Samsung SGH-Z500, Nokia 9500
Previous Mobiles: Nokia 5130, Motorola V3688, Sagem myX-1, Siemens M55, NEC e313, SonyEricsson T200, Motorola V980, Siemens C45, Motorola V600