View Single Post
Old
  (#1)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-07-2006, 21:43

Thought I would start a new thread - since i'm responsible for the other two on "Yackie"

Had my Yackie card for a couple days, and could make out going calls both on a new phone (direct dialed, almost instant call back) and an old phone where I had to menu dial (no problem, just a few key presses on the phone to get to the menu).
Newer phone - quad band Moto V330 Older phone: SEr520m (tri-band)

Now incoming is fine. Glitch in assigning me a local 510 number. (Originally SIM was assigned a number fm. the original Ohio number pool.)

I haven't used it outside the U.S. It does access both T-Mobile and Cingular here.

Voice quality on outgoing was very good on the couple test calls. Incoming does not seem quite that good - would rate it just "fair". There seems to be a delay-which is minimal.
One point that may create a problem for callers - there seems to be a 10 to 15 second delay before the caller hears a "ringing" tone. Once the caller hears the ringing tone, it takes about 2 rings before the Yackie phone actually starts ringing.

My fear is that callers might hang up after 10 or 15 seconds of dead air.

I will do further testing this evening. VM etc. And, maybe, a few more test calls. You do get an immediate SMS after someone calls and you didn't answer informing you that they didn't leave a message. It gives you the ID of the caller. IOW, the system does pass ID on incoming.

more later.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20ยข/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.