View Single Post
Old
  (#26)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 27-05-2010, 08:05

OK, I'm up and running on Wind!

I'd held off because my computer was crashing left and right and I attributed it to the Mobile Partner software, which is a Java application.

But long after I removed those files manually (no uninstaller!), my computer continued to crash.

The Wifi at the hotel in Lake Como was bad and after putting up with it for a week, I decided to give the 3G modem another try.

I re-installed Mobile Partner and voila, it worked. Fastest download I saw was about 90 kB/s late at night. From the same source, it was as slow as 20 kB/s.

But it didn't disconnect like the Wifi and it was pretty consistent.

So I've connected through the Wind client as well as Mobile Partner, which has a tendency to crash. I've sent an SMS to my iPhone (roaming on Vodaphone IT).

I will have to remember to deactivate the Mega 100 Ore before I leave Italy in a couple of days to preserve 7.5 Euro credit.

Now the person at the shop said I should be able to recharge online from anywhere. So would I be able to say add 5 or 10 Euro a few months later to renew my expiration date? Otherwise, I would assume my Wind SIM would expire at the end of May 2011.