Old
  (#10)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 06-05-2009, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
As VladS said, we would just need a SIP-URI, to which we could forward, however in my case my IP-address would change every 24 hours, as most providers interrupt ADSL-connection once a day here in Germany and I would forward calls from my Fritz!Box Fon (a superb VoIP-ATA/PBX/DSL-router).
We'll do it without registration or anything. It's now on the roadmap.

Quote:
Against EU-regulated roaming rates your rates are also kind of weak. But of course since you assign landline numbers you don't have any termination income, which could subsidize inbound rates. On the one hand that makes incoming calls more expensive for your users, on the other hand that saves costs for callers and again for your users, if they forward calls (especially if we could forward calls for free via SIP).
Since our first market is the US, we didn't think it would make sense to offer number on the Isle of Man or Liechtenstein or Iceland where the outrageous rates for incoming calls sponsor the calls. That prevent us from offering free incoming calls like some other services, but at least it's easy for anyone to reach our numbers and we are building a long term business model that ensures the users know the real costs.

Quote:
What about data service? Will you offer such?
We'll add the data service shortly. We're working on making sure regular customers don't leave their data on at night downloading useless stuff and ending up with a few thousand dollars of data. From our experience that's the most common trouble.