wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-02-2016, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
www.ipay.ua sais:

Holders of Visa and MasterCard issued by any world bank can use iPay.ua to:
• pay for services of all Ukrainian mobile providers (МТС, Kievstar etc.);

The commission fee ranges from 0 to 4% of the payment amount.

I cannot judge about the reliability and safety of the site.
Thanks Peter.

But I've already tried them. It seems to be blocked by the receiver now. It explicitly states when payment fails, that no payments are allowed from 'my' country. So as if Vodafone UA has implemented a new policy of accepting only UA-issued payment systems. The mysterious aspect of this that my last top-up on 20th of FEB went through and now everything seems to be blocked. I get an error with cards from 3 different European countries, credit or debit. So there is no chance.

I generally don't like these 3rd party top-up sites very much, but surcharges of 30% with ding.com or orange top-up and 60% with recharge.com and sometimes 100% on even more dubious sites will surely spoil the great UA roaming rates.

I'm checking Bitrefill using Bitcoins and Russian Webmoney as an alternative next. So you see, I haven't given up on it yet. But some of the vendors who were lobbying hard for this SIM may have other suggestions too. Any surcharge of up to 10% I still consider reasonable for top-ups, but not 50-100%. As far as I know top-ups to Vodafone UA and MTS/MTC Ukraine are exchangeable as it's basically the same operator.

In the meantime this SIM is not recommended anymore on the WIKI and the links suspended as its (great) rates can't simply be obtained from abroad. I think we should be honest with it and its rates.

Last edited by wolfbln; 29-02-2016 at 22:28..