View Single Post
Old
  (#22)
thecapcom (Offline)

Unhappy 24-04-2008, 16:01

I'm in Switzerland for 3 weeks and at 2.5F/MB orangeclick seemed like the best deal for data. Voice and SMS worked perfectly. However I was unable to configure data on my unlocked HTC Kaiser running Windows Mobile 6 using the manual instructions on their website. I took my phone to the shop where I bought the SIM and then to the big Orange office at Hardturmstrasse 161, Zurich. There the folks in front took it to someone from the "technical department" who tried to configure it and then told me there is a known issue with HTC WinMo devices. He said orangeclick data works fine with more common devices.

If you have managed to get data working on a WinMo device please offer advice. I get the error "Connecting" ... "Connecting" ... "Cannot connect. Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To check your ..." in a series of bubbles. If I use the MMS settings the data connection seems to connect but IE doesn't get past "Locating...". I tried MMS + proxy 192.168.10.2:8080, but that didn't work either.

Good luck!