View Single Post
Old
  (#5)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-01-2006, 23:48

I think Riiing rates were updated to the new United Mobile rates in early December. I went on a business trip to Toronto Dec. 5th/6th and kept call records using the mobile phone call timer and the call back account balance notification(had to keep track for an expense report). Definitely was charged the new rates for using Roger Wireless in Canada. Since I will likely only be traveling occassionally to Canada on business, it was the most cost effective solution for wireless calls.

I will be making some personal trips to the Caribbean this year (Jamaica, St. Kitts, Bermuda). Looks like the Caribbean rates are a mixed bag on changes. Jamaica is now up to 59 eurocents outgoing. St. Kitts is the same but now has free incoming where they used to charge. Bermuda is now quite high at 1.59 Euros a minute (my Iridium satphone would cost less a minute...).

Bottom line is the new prepaid United Mobile rates are usually cheaper than roaming with a US postpaid GSM card. Postpaid Caribbean roaming rates are usually US$1.49/minute and up where most United Mobile rates are less.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype